Thursday, July 21, 2011

Swim #2!

Ok, so don't worry, I'm not going to post for every swim ;)


I had no upper body muscle soreness after my first swim...so this time my goal was to add 5 minutes to the swim: ie. 20 minutes.... and this I did. I only stopped 4-5 times for 10-15 seconds and in general felt more in the "zone" than the first time.


I relaxed my upper body more and even managed to swim with left side breathing for a minute or so...still needs work though. (Note to self: work on new form tasks in the beginning when you are fresh!)


The infinity pool/water treadmill is plenty big but I do have to learn to slow down and not crowd the front, something that would not be a problem in a pool. OTOH, I think swimming in this type of pool will help with dead even pacing. I've been told that the standing waves in this pool can make breathing more difficult, but I have not noticed this. Compared to open water, how bad can it be?


Time to buy a bathing suit that is more 'suited' for this..my vacation suits are too big and drippy after the swim...a pain to deal with...not to mention draggy in the water 8)


Next time, 25 minutes?


---------


Here's a mystery photo I took this weekend. Can you figure out what it is?









2 comments:

  1. Everybody starts somewhere...you're off to a great one! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. photo: Glenda got a new do?

    I wonder if a treadmill pool would be psychologically training for open water?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment!