Saturday, June 18, 2011

Back on the roads!

In the air!
I got my Marathon Maniacs trademark singlet in the mail as you can see from the pic...no I won't be wearing it on training runs!..gad. But it's fun to wear in races so you can find other Maniacs.  

I've been taking my time getting back to running but today was a gorgeous day to run about 5 miles....good to be back! Actually, I ran 2.5 miles to the farmer's market, helped shop with Toni, and then ran back home. My legs are still not at 100% but at this point some easy running will help them recover. 


After really beating them up on the trail last Sunday my quads were quite sore for several days..Copenhagen only 3 weeks prior..so I conclude: take it easy for the week. 


I did go out and walk about a mile each day and also get up from my desk and take a spin around the building from time to time to keep limber.


Jill tells me it's 24 weeks to the California International Marathon on 12/4/11.(a.k.a "CIM")...Methinks if she's been week-counting she's hatching some plans on how to get from here to there.


I'm really looking forward to some uninterrupted, proper training! Also losing 10lbs and racing some 10ks and halfs. Who knows, maybe I'll even run a 5K!





3 comments:

  1. Bahahahah...I got lots of sleeves!! :)

    Glad you got in a nice run...and that's not a heel strike I see in that pic, right?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shirt, very bright! Did you find that you gained weight when you were training for all of those marathons?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @linda: Actually, there was no 'training' for all those marathons..you don't have time what with recovery and taper.

    I ran much less during the last year (July to now) actually..so I gained some weight from the reduced mileage.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment!