Sunday, July 11, 2010

T-2 Weeks to SFM

Two more weeks to go....Toni and I spent the long weekend up at Crater Lake, Ore. No running up there but several miles of hiking with 3x700' of climbing.

Here's the week (Mon-Sun):

4.5 (hiking)
Rest
5.1 (10:00)
7.4 (2-3 miles at 8:30-9:00 pace)
4.2 (walking)
4 (9:05 pace)
11.5 (9:43, 4 miles @9:00 pace)

28 miles running, 8.7 walking

Even though the miles are tapered down, I did a lot of marathon pace (or a touch faster) this week....about 11 miles of it.

Breaking in my new Nike Pegasus - 27 shoes..man they are a fine shoe! Wish had dumped the stupid "Zoom Vomero 4's " a long time ago. Kudos to the clerk in the Bill Rogers running center in Boston that mentioned I might want to try a less soft shoe to help with my achilles issues.

The other reason I switched shoes, is that besides being a firmer shoe, the heel area on this shoe does not have a rigid plastic heel cup. Since I use a slight heel lift, my heel gets jammed up into the top of this cup and rubs there, making for more tendon inflammation.

It took me about 9 months to finally figure this out. The Pegasus is also about 2.5 oz lighter and is cheaper to boot!

Plenty more short runs to finish loosening the shoes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!