Monday, December 23, 2013

HRM wig-out explained....

On my long run you may recall my HRM wigged out and I shut it off.

I found out why. I had replaced the battery two days earlier and I neglected to install the tiny O-ring when I put the battery cover back on.

Apparently I sweated enough that the water caused the battery to short out (see the rust and corrosion that happened in just an hour on the battery).

I only realized this when I saw the O-ring on the rug in the bathroom, picked it up, and realized what it was!

Keep them batteries dry!


3 comments:

  1. Yikes! This is good to know. I should probably check my battery in mine. It almost always reads ridiculously high when things are cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you know what's happening now. Mine was way out of whack again this morning but I'm pretty sure it was because I was lazy and didn't wet the strap before putting it on. Once I'd really started to sweat (which wasn't too long in our disgusting heat) it seemed to behave itself.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment!