- S: (n) avoirdupois, avoirdupois weight (a system of weights based on the 16-ounce pound (or 7,000 grains))
- S: (n) fatness, fat, blubber, avoirdupois (excess bodily weight) "she disliked avoirdupois in herself as well as in others"
A lot my bloggy friends are working on weight-loss as well as running... today James declared war on his 'food addiction'. It's been a couple of years since I went through this (and I wasn't blogging then).
I thought I'd share what worked for me:
- I ate smaller portions...I would stop eating when still a bit hungry.
- Eat slower, enjoy each bite and let your body tell you it's getting full (my family is from the "wolf it all down before somebody takes it away" camp 8)
- Use fresh herbs and spices rather than fats to make food interesting.
- I stopped eating so much dairy fat. No sour cream, no major dumping of cheese on pasta, etc.
- I would have a good (but not fatty) breakfast, but go easy on lunch.
- It became quite addictive to seeing the lbs come off and the running get easier.
Helped me through the really hungry patches.
- Eating out...no bread for me, no starter (or share..or salad), no dessert or share one.
- I started eating more fish, shellfish and chicken rather than beef. Try to eat only lean cuts of beef (grass fed).
- It helped to have the support of my spouse, Toni. She was willing to put up with some of my cooking 'experiments'. 8)