Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Just Ducky



You know how you can often recognize people by how they walk? Well, those of you that know me already know that I have a, erm, "distinctive", gait and I'm sure have zero problem spotting me in a crowd.



You see, my right foot sticks out at about a 45 degree angle, so I'm "duck footed".



While it might be handy when climbing a steep slope, you would think it's a biomechanical disaster for running. The first time my niece Ursula saw me running she commented on my massive pronation.



Pronation, schmonation, I'm way beyond that with this sucker. My right leg is about 3/8" longer than the left to boot.











Somehow it all seems to work ok....sometimes when running a race I've seen another 'ducker'....there aren't many though.

(Photos are from San Fran Marathon)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment!